Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Plan...

I am still doing eDiets, but extremely loosely. In other words, I am doing what I originally thought was impossible- I am combining diets. I actually already found a diet that did that based on the BBC show, You Are What You Eat, with Dr. Jillian McKeith. She wrote a book of the same title that I purchased not too long ago. What I like is that she gives you symptoms to look for in your body, like cracking or splitting on your tongue, tells you what caused it and what to eat to remedy it. I enjoy the show and her book was really interesting. She is big on juices (homemade of course) and recommends a periodic juice fast.

What I plan on doing is my regular meal schedule for Perfect Weight America only with eDiets portions. I do plan on limiting my quantity of fats but allowing for better quality. I really do think that butter and coconut oil are good for you, but that doesn't mean that you need 2 tablespoons to fry an egg. I intend on gradually introducing my kids to the PWA diet because more than me, they stand to benefit from this.

One of the new tricks I have been employing is one that I learned in the book, Body by God, by Dr. Ben Lerner. His principle is to eat the foods according to their use; high carbs in the morning, low-carbs in the evening, etc. One of his tricks is a delay strategy. I don't have the book in front of me so I can't quote it, but I will tell you what I've been doing and if you want more details about how to do it-look up his book, it's great! Okay, I am a bad eater. I have bad food habits and I love my junk food. This wrecks every diet I have because though I can be good for several days, inevitably, my snack cravings come back full force. Lately, when I have been feeling a craving for something I know I shouldn't have, I delay. Sometimes I try to substitute a healthier version, but other times, I just promise myself to have the treat later and then I divert myself by doing something else or thinking about something else. I also try to drink a glass of water any time I am feeling like I have a case of the munchies coming on. It has been working fairly well over the past few days, which is fantastic!

Don't quit on me, I haven't quit yet!!!

OOOHH, I have more incentive now...not only do I want to get pregnant, but my sister is getting married!!! Now I really have to lose the weight for nice looking, lasting pictures.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I use the delay statagey all the time! I tell myself I can eat something if I am still "hungry" after drinking a big glass of water, or after I go outside for 15 minutes, or both! Usually that gives me time to pull myself together. I do the opposite with the carbs. If I eat too many carbs in the morning, it seems to set me up for cravings all day. So I eat my fewest carbs in the morning, then may have more in my other meals. I never go above 40 carbs in a day. I am trying to wrap my brain around the coconut oil thing, but Ican't seem to get past the high saturated fat, and the fact that it is fat. I have heard so many good things about it.
Weddings are a big motivator! But then, so are babies! Keep on keeping on!!