Thursday, June 18, 2009

A New Report

Along with many other changing conditions in my life right now, my weight is also changing! My sister's wedding has come and gone and now I look to my other goal of getting into a safe range from which to get pregnant. I am becoming a big fan of this "standard American" diet because it's easy, even though I know it's not healthy. I don't have to read much past the fancy labels claiming that it is "healthy" or "low-fat" or "high-fiber" and I don't ever have to worry about the manufacturing process or the ingredient list. How pathetic! To know what's right and not do it because it is different and difficult is wrong. However, with my current financial situation (that is, rely on my mother for 100% of the grocery bill) really does preclude me from adopting a different lifestyle.

Plus, it's working...I am now at 188.5!!! It's hard to believe because I really haven't been diligent about my exercise routine. I have, however, cut out 99% of my fast food intake and I have severely limited the snacks (mostly because they are not in the house). Having my mother constantly around really is trying at best but I am learning to appreciate the accountability, but don't tell her that... :) I know that I would not have come this far without my mom's help.

So my goal? I am still aiming at 165 to "remove the goalie" so to speak because I think that it is a pretty safe weight. I want to begin taking pre-natal vitamins because of that all-important folic acid. My vitamin really is a good one to take and I like it! Outside of that, I want to start feeling good again. Lately, I have been really low on energy and I think that it is a lack of water, so that is also a goal, I think that 84 ounces of water should be easy to consume and with practice, I'll get there! We have been teaching the kids about nutrition and why they should eat their vegetables and proteins and so on, so that has been entertaining.

Yeah, all in all, I think we are doing well and though I am not losing weight fast enough to set any records, nor am I even losing at a "healthy" rate, I am satisfied when I see progress and lack only the motivation to kick it up a notch (or two).

So how are you doing???

1 comment:

Mary said...

I know you are not a big fan of the kind of diet you are doing right now, but there is something to be said for lower fat leading to lower calories. I am not a big fan of high carb foods, since they make me feel yuck! but they are easier to deal with sometimes. All in all, you are doing so great! The weight loss you are experiencing is the kind that sticks, slow and steady, with no saggy skin! Just remember, this phase of your life is only temporary. Someday you will look back at this time and laugh. (manically, maybe)It will be OK in the long run.
Praying for you!
Mary with the unupdated blog